Friday, November 23, 2018

Post 112: Music Fills My Soul

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- Maya Angelou, American poet, singer and civil rights activist




Have you ever had those days where you just want everything to stop? No noise or people around to bother you? To just have time to hear yourself think? I know I do. I have those most days. In order to find some kind of solace, I usually find myself turning to music as an escape from everything surrounding me. The genre usually varies depending on my mood, but I do have an ever changing playlist I've made on YouTube that contains at least 50% of covers from musical Youtubers.

Sometimes it's the lyrics of a song that helps so I'll gravitate toward acapella or just the music and I'll listen to Youtubers like The Piano Guys. Music is just one thing that could help me find the calm I need to get through most rough days. A soft, fuzzy, comfortable blanket or throw will help, as well as my dog sitting or laying beside me, offering silent support.

I've always loved music and it took me years of denial to admit that while I might love music, I'm really not musically inclined, vocally or practically. When I got over the fact that I couldn't sing or play an instrument, I turned to writing. Mostly for myself, I still don't think I could handle criticism, constructive or otherwise. Still, when writing, it's easier to have music playing in the background as it tends to inspire what to write next. That's probably the reason I decided to blog, music and writing, two of my favorite things.



★ ☆  FEATURED from Boomerang 

Cuddle Corners Gacha:
Star Kitticorn Pillow (Common) & Pink Cuddle Corner (Rare)
Gacha has 12 Commons (seats 2) and 2 Rares (seats 4)
Find the Gacha at The Play Room

Cutie Bows
Comes in 2 styles and 25 texture change HUD
Find it at Bonjour Bebe
 


Items featured are available at The Play Room & Bonjour Bebe.

Click HERE to visit The Play Room!
Event Dates: Nov 5 - 30



Click HERE to visit Bonjour Bebe!
Event open until: Nov 25



╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: Bad Seed Katie  ☞

☜  Body: Bad Seed Bebe Fitted  ☞
☜  Skin: Little Bears Lanor  ☞
☜  Hair: Truth Hair Astra  ☞

☜  Outfit: The Spunky Monkey Bene Gacha  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment