Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Post 104: Thanksgivings and Joy

"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
- William Arthur Ward, Writer




I've never really thought of the Thanksgiving holiday as much besides an opportunity to eat some of my favorite holiday meals and deserts. Long ago, it was a tradition of giving thanks for the year's harvest and these days children are taught that it's a day to be thankful for the things they have in their lives, whether it is material possessions or their families. At least, that was what I was taught in grade school and from what my nieces and nephews have brought home and said, it's still that way in most schools.

I feel that giving thanks for the various things you possess in life should be celebrated any day of the year, not just limited to a lesson surrounding tradition. I often wonder about the future of my young family members and how their lives will be shaped learning about the holiday. I've always tried to guide them toward being a productive and decent member of society since teaching them skills like common courtesy at a young age will hopefully stay with them as they grow.

I also fear that they will be caught up in a world so full of technological advancements that they might forget what it is to have a conversation with someone face to face or at least over the phone instead of texting. The world is changing and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to see my little family members grow up and hear their dreams as well. What I didn't have, they will and I hope they come to realize that they are growing up having a life a little better than what my family members my age and myself had.

My hope is that they will be thankful for everything around them, the life they get to live when we are gone and pass on the joys of family traditions and the Chamoru culture that will hopefully stay forever. For this year in my life, for the first time, I am truly thankful for where my life has gone and the people in it. I have finally learned to appreciate my life, and that is what I want for future generations.





★ ☆  FEATURED from Doodlez! 

Turkey Time is Falling Unisex Set

Made for Bebe, TDB & TDK.
 

Items featured are available at Boutique Explorers.

Event Dates: Nov 11 - 25

Click HERE to visit the event!




╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: ToddleeDoo Dolly  ☞

☜  Body: ToddleeDoo Baby  ☞

☜  Hair: Wasabi Pills Maiko  ☞

☜  Furniture: Basil Princess Daydream Bed (Rare) & Dresser  ☞ 

☜  Toys: LeMomo DollsHouse & Children's Books, Remembers Fairy Cottage (Rare), Sweet Baby Cow & Rocking Unicorn, McKidz Yellow OctoNerd Hopper  ☞ 

☜  Windlight Setting: Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment