Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Post 111: Picking Pretty Flowers

"If you're not religious, like me, how do you explain the transformational power that certain places have? They bring an incredible degree of attention to where you are and the passage of time. You're looking at every flower twitching, wondering if it's just the breeze or some magical pulse."
- Geoff Dyer, English writer

Flowers, they bloom and wilt each year, are given in times of happiness and sadness, they can bring a smile to ones face and a blush to cheeks. In the past I've hated receiving flowers because they live for a few days and then wilt and dry. I saw them as a symbol of dead and decay instead of enjoying what they were. Each one is completely different from the one next to it and I don't think you'll ever find two that are exactly identical.

If I had to choose my favorite, it would be plumerias. I grew up seeing them just as much, if not more, than hibiscus flowers, and I love them. They are simple looking flowers, with only a few color combinations, but their simplicity is what I find endearing and I could stare at them for hours. I haven't seen any in Michigan so I do miss them. Even without them, receiving a bouquet from my real life love is still special to me. To see him walk through the door holding them smiling and then saying "I got you some flowers because I felt like it" makes me smile and feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I appreciate those flowers because they were given to me "just because" so I make sure that I take the time to trim the stems and set them in some water in a pretty vase. When I pass by them it always warms my heart to know that someone loves me. That is why I no longer hate receiving flowers. Someone has shown me that they are a symbol of love.

★ ☆  FEATURED from Totally Tots Designs 

Ainara Outfit Red

Made for Bebe. Includes dress, boots and applier for undershirt (not pictured) and tights.
 

Items featured are available at Boutique Explorers.

Event Dates: Nov 11 - 25

Click HERE to visit the event!




╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: Bad Seed Katie Bento  ☞

☜  Body: Bad Seed Bebe  ☞

☜  Skin: Little Bears Lanor  ☞ 
☜  Hair: Wasabi Pills Sugar Rush  ☞

☜  Poses: Ex-Posed (Retired from SL) & Baby Princess pose packs  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: [EUPHORIA] Smoky Blue Sky  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment