Monday, December 17, 2018

Post 131: Getting Dressed Up

"I think clothing is transformative. When you put something really beautiful on, you feel something. In so many ways, we're always playing a form of dress-up - it's just a grown-up, much chicer version of it. It's nice to be able to be whoever you want to be."
- Jason Wu, Taiwanese-Canadian artist and fashion designer.


There's something about holidays that make you want to dress in your best, most show stopping outfit. It's like a fashion show game that you play with your friends and family, "who can dress the nicest". You take your time to think about what would be best, what best represents the holiday you're showing off for. Before having to put on your outfit though, it's nice to just hang out in something comfortable.

I, myself, will always be in leggings and a t-shirt or sweater, something to match the holiday fun. I don't usually start getting ready until an hour or two before the get together or event. Why stress out earlier about the outfit you've decided on? Sketching random things in my sketchbook helps to keep me calm and relaxed, it's really a ritual I guess. It helps keep my mind off my little monsters of siblings trying to crawl all over me or flinging food at me. 
 

I guess that is the price you pay for being an older sister with seemingly "perfect" little siblings. Oh, I'll get my revenge, that is one thing that is a sure thing. I am, after all, their babysitter and nothing they say or do can keep me from getting them back for ruining my amazing Christmas dress!


 ★ ☆  FEATURED 

Christmas Sweater from Sweet Potatoes
Made for Bebe, TDB, TDK & Tweenster

Christmas Eve Dress in Blu from Attitudez
Comes in 4 colors. Made for Tweenster





Items featured are available at Boutique Explorers.

Event Dates: Dec 9-23

Click HERE to visit the event!





╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: LAQ Bento head - Scarlet  ☞

☜  Body: Meshmerized Tweenster V3.04  ☞

☜  Skin (Head & Body): LAQ ~ Scarlet Skin & Next Level Omega  ☞

☜  Hair: Ayashi Kasumi  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment