Friday, December 7, 2018

Post 114: The Spirit of Christmas

"I love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season."
- Ashley Tisdale, American actress, singer and producer


There are several countries around the world that celebrate the upcoming holiday in some form. Many for religious reasons, others for spiritual reasons and some for the pure joy they get from it regardless of their own religious beliefs. I grew up celebrating it the way my family did, as a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, but as I grew older I have left behind the religious part of it and enjoy it as a time for putting up too any decorations and wrapping gifts that were thoughtfully picked for the people who hold the most importance to my life.

I will admit that it can cause an overload of anxiety and stress, but as long as I try to focus on what the spirit of Christmas means to me and how happy it makes others and myself, I don't have too hard a problem staying calm. People generally seem happier around Christmas time, surpassing the stress to focus on the joyous holiday spirit. I've often wondered why this time of year makes people happier. I've asked several people in the past and their answers are almost always the same: it's just holiday spirit. It's raised more questions than answers, but I've come to just accept that answer.


Christmas is usually a time where I try to shine my brightest, making creative decorations and finding new ways to wrap gifts and adding something extra, even if it will all eventually be destroyed when an excited recipient rips the ribbon and bows off. It makes me happy to see others happy as they unwrap their gifts.

This year I'll be making and decorating Christmas cookies. It's not something I've ever really done before and I'm very excited at the prospect of handing them out to family members. Cookies made from scratch, topped with colorful icing and even more colorful sprinkles, I'll be a kid in a candy store! I already have plans for the cookies that aren't very nice looking and I'll tell you now, they won't make it into the cookie tins to be handed out. ;)


★ ☆  FEATURED 

Christmas Crafts & Crochet Christmas Plush Gacha from Kidz Clozet
3 different Christmas Crafts to choose from: Snowman, Reindeer & Christmas Tree (not shown). Each set comes with enough pieces to make 2 of each.
Red Elf Plush featured in post. Gacha contains 2 Rares, 1 Uncommon & 14 commons.
Christmas Jumpers from Beautees
3 styles to choose from: Santa, Festive & Elf. Made for ToddleeDoo Fitted

Items featured are available at Ivywoods.

Event Dates: Dec 5 - 15

Click HERE to visit the event!


╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: ToddleeDoo Dolly  ☞

☜  Body: ToddleeDoo Baby Fitted  ☞

☜  Skin: ToddleeDoo Aria  ☞

☜  Hair: Wasabi Pills Maiko  ☞

☜  Poses: Ex-Posed (Retired from SL)  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment