Sunday, December 9, 2018

Post 116: Smell of Cookies in the Morning

"My favorite part was when my grandfather and I would make a special trip to Firpo's Bakery for red and green Christmas cookies and fruitcake studded with the sweetest cherries I've ever tasted. Usually Firpo's was too expensive for our slim budget, but Christmas mornings they gave a discount to any children who came in."
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, Indian-American author, poet and Betty and Gene McDavid Professor of Writing at University of Houston Creative Writing Program.


Ah, cookies, I haven't met anyone who doesn't like them, whether they're the sweet, sugary kind or the healthier, fruity kind. According to statistics, 245.53 million people in the United States consumed ready-to-eat cookies this year alone. THIS YEAR ALONE. Mind you, there is an estimated population of 328.95 million people in the country. So about 64% of the population has eaten cookies in 2018. Numbers, they make my brain itch, but sometimes I know how to handle them.


There's no doubt that cookies can be considered a comforting snack, especially when they're homemade. The feeling you get when you bite into a soft, still warm, moist, slightly crumbling cookie after being tortured by the smell for 8-12 minutes is extremely satisfying. It makes you grab another and before you know what has happened, they're all gone and you have to make or wait for another batch.

I just drooled a little and now I'm craving some cookies. Thus is life when you think of one of your favorite sweet treats. My go to cookies is usually oatmeal raisin, but I do love several different kinds, like orange cranberry, Tim Tams, molasses, coconut...just not anything with peanut butter. I know, how can I not like peanut butter? I'm not sure, I've just grown out of liking it. I will eat it once in a blue moon though.

So, what's your go to cookie when you want something sweet and do you prefer pre-made cookies or homemade cookies? Let me know!

★ ☆  FEATURED 

Left: Kawaii Christmas Pattern Dress from >rOMe<
Made for Bebe Fitted, TDB & TDK

Right: Snowflake in red from Tots R Us
Made for Bebe Fitted & TDB Fitted

Cookies: Christmas Tree & Snowman Cookies from Riff's
  Gives you delicious cookies!


Items featured are available at Ivywoods.

Event Dates: Dec 5 - 15

Click HERE to visit the event!



╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

☜  Head: ToddleeDoo Dolly  ☞

☜  Body: ToddleeDoo Baby Fitted  ☞

☜  Skin: ToddleeDoo Aria  ☞

☜  Hair: Wasabi Pils Maiko  ☞

☜  Poses: Ex-Posed (Retired from SL)  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No comments:

Post a Comment