Monday, December 10, 2018

Post 117: I'm in a Youth State of Mind

"Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter or rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life."
- "Youth" by Samuel Ullman, American businessman, poet, humanitarian and religious leader.

I've heard many times, from people young and old, a saying that is still said today: "you are only as old as you feel". I've never particularly liked when people say it that way because if you feel old and are old or feel old and are young, then that saying doesn't apply to you. A better saying would be "you are only as old as your mind feels you are". If, in your mind, you maintain a fun, youthful attitude and piece of mind even if your body does not feel it, you will tend to feel youthful in your older age. You may not be able to to do most of the things you want to do, but you can always have fun doing other things.


Take myself as an example. I am by no means elderly, I celebrated my 34th birthday this year. I was a lot more active from the end of grade school through high school, playing sports, biking, rollerblading, and just walking around my neighborhood most days. I've gone through sports injuries that I started feeling the effects of in my late twenties that made me feel like I was old, but I've never stopped and thought "ugh, I'm so old." I have what I like to call "old tendencies" and I've teased my boyfriend about him being old, but I've always wanted to have fun or do things that make me happy that are fun.

So every year on my birthday I think "yay another year", meanwhile I'm rereading the Harry Potter series or watching my favorite animes. I also play video games most days. I'm not sure why my mind stays in a youthful state, but I have no complaints about it, it's something I love about myself. Just like how I love seeing older generations having fun dancing or even laughing at each other eating ice cream. Old people are so cute hehe.

I think this post will also feature a video from The Piano Guys performing a Charlie Brown Medley. You'll see super cute older people having fun listening and a few dancing to the music!

★ ☆  FEATURED 

Tween: Deer Dress from Curious Style
Includes Dress, tartan leggings applier and tartan scarf (not shown). Made for Tweenster.

Little: Nora Dress from QT Patootie
Includes dress, shirt, headband and ruffle socks (comes in long and short version). Headband and socks come with texture change HUD. Made for ToddleeDoo Baby & Kid.


Items featured are available at Ivywoods.

Event Dates: Dec 5 - 15

Click HERE to visit the event!



╔═.♥.════════════════════════════════════════════╗

★ ☆  EXTRA CREDITS & INFO 

Tweenster
☜  Head: LAQ Bento head - Scarlet  ☞

☜  Body: Meshmerized Tweenster V3.04  ☞

☜  Skin (Head & Body): LAQ ~ Scarlet Skin & Next Level Omega  ☞

☜  Hair: Wasabi Pils Maiko  ☞

☜  Nails: Cracked Nails from Hugs Are My Drug  ☞

☜  Shoes: Tiny Gothics Tweenster Sneakers  ☞


Little
☜  Head: ToddleeDoo Dolly  ☞

☜  Body: ToddleeDoo Baby Fitted  ☞

☜  Skin: ToddleeDoo Aria  ☞

☜  Hair: Wasabi Pils Maiko  ☞
  
☜  Poses: Ex-Posed (Retired from SL)  ☞

☜  Windlight Setting: Narcon's Day Mood  ☞

☜  Photos by Luna Lei Dolan (rheesejordan.guardian) ☞

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Charlie Brown Medley by The Piano Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment